There are some interesting businesses for sale on the island right now, but what if you're an entrepreneur and want to start your own? Forumites at the Virgin-Islands-On-Line.com site have been mulling this question.
Lsugolfer in Baton Rouge said "So, here's what I do when I sit in my cube and think about how crappy this is compared to STJ. Start a gas station or a 'Louisiana'-themed restaurant."
JMhouse said, "Ha ha. I'm in a cubicle, too, listening to someone else have a loud conversation on a speaker phone. I'd much rather be the Park Ranger that leads the Reef Bay hikes."
Other suggestions people have for new island businesses.
- "A storage business where you could leave your snorkel gear/beach chairs, shoes and whatever you don't want to cart back and forth." (Diana2)
- "A wind turbine, maybe somewhere on Ajax peak." (Laurie)
- "An electric car rental company. And a self-serve car wash and vacuum area." (Msgcolleen)
- "Chicken Removal Service." (StJohnRuth) Details
- "Underwater camera rental. Would have to be a side business. (Not big enough to sustain itself.)" (Jmaq)